...offers a year round vacation rental Bungalow and Bunkhouse suite in the heart of picturesque Philipsburg, Montana just steps from museums, a theatre offering live summer stock productions, pubs, a microbrewery offering fresh brewed beer, eateries offering some of the best food in Montana & shopping to your heart's content.
Located in the heart of downtown Philipsburg, just behind the gardens of Bohéme Coffee Shop, Carnahan’s Cozy Corner offers a charming one bedroom bungalow ($150 per day with a two night minimum stay.) with modern kitchen, vaulted ceilings and exquisite appointments and The Bunkhouse, a one bedroom suite for additional guests ($50 per day with a two night minimum stay.)—perfect for romance or just slowing down for a change. The bungalow & The Bunkhouse can be reserved together or separately. (In addition, there is a tax rate of 7%.)
This one-bedroom, one bath bungalow with sleeper sofa accommodates four guests comfortably and The Bunkhouse accommodates two additional guests. A hearty, Philipsburg welcome awaits guests including fresh flowers upon arrival, coffee to enjoy with fresh pastries, real butter, & homemade huckleberry jam each morning.
The vaulted ceilings over the great room give the bungalow an airy space for living room, dining area & modern kitchen. The living room is perfect for watching television on the flat screen from satellite, taking in a movie via the DVD player, or just choosing a book from the shelves for some reading time. The dining area seats up to six individuals.
Guests enjoy cooking meals in the fully-equipped, modern kitchen that includes a coffee maker, microwave, dishwasher, range, full-size refrigerator, & toaster. All the dishes, utensils, pots & pans needed for any cooking adventure awaits. Cooking meals on the provided outdoor grill makes for great fun as well. Bring your own groceries or stop in at Huffman Grocery for Western Family values.
Children are always welcome and have room to play on the lawn or in the garden. Additional amenities include washer & dryer, fitness room with equipment, telephone, central heating, fresh linens & towels, & private parking.
Carnahan’s Cozy Corner is A pet deposit of $20 per stay is required.
Philipsburg is an award-winning, historic community halfway between Yellowstone & Glacier National Parks. Listed in the National Register of Historic Places, this truly unique, small town is renowned for the number of historic buildings that not only still exist, but that owners painstakingly restored to their original beauty. Barry Carnahan, master wood wright, played an important role in the town's restoration. He is sorely missed and lives on in his superb craftsmanship visible throughout the town.
Visitors enjoy ghost town exploring, sapphire mining, skiing (water, downhill & cross-country), hiking, rock climbing, cycling, fishing blue ribbon trout streams, hunting, and more. Leisure activities include curing that sweet tooth at the "World's Greatest Candy Store," shopping, scenic drives, strolling wide sidewalks (adorned with flower baskets, seating, & alfresco dining tables), enjoying history at local museums, wildlife viewing, photography, live music at the Pocket Park and microbrewery, the Historic Walking Tour of Philipsburg found in the Chamber publication Philipsburg Territory or from the app found at the bottom of the Chamber's website or right here! Stroll Philipsburg's Historic Walking Tour.
Philipsburg hosts annual events all year-round. The fun begins in...
- January with the Brewer's Cup Hockey Tournament & Women's Wellness Brunch.
- February brings the Brewfest & Chili Cook Off & Feed.
- March includes the Flag & Flower Fling, as well as the Food & Beer Pairing.
- April ushers in Spring and local merchants prepare to greet visitors from all over the world.
- May welcomes the Health Fair & Firemen's Clam Feed.
- June bumps up the fun, food, & entertainment with the opening of the historic Opera House Theatre, a Farmer's Market, Waffle Wednesday, & Blues, Brews & BBQ .
- July is highlighted by Flint Creek Valley Days that includes a parade, music & dancing in the streets, great food from everywhere, and best of all, a Classic Car Show that includes everything from Ferraris to jalopies.
- August brings the Rotary concert to town with great music, food and fun at Winninghoff Park—an outdoor venue with terraced seating for thousands of guests.
- In September miners from all over the state celebrate Philipsburg's mining heritage with Miner's Union Day (all weekend really) that includes a parade, picnic, & mining competitions for all ages.
- October is Philipsburg's time to transition into Fall & Winter with all that crisp evenings & fabulous snow bring.
- November hosts the Granite County Festival of Trees.
- And finally, in December Philipsburg celebrates the traditions of Christmas with Yule Night, an event that includes the Light Parade with floats, Bingo, Craft Show, snacks & nibbles at all the local shops, music on the streets, & a visit from Santa at the town's Christmas Tree. Philipsburg rings in the New Year with fireworks, parties, music, & entertainment at all the local pubs, taverns, eateries, & on the streets.
- And then...it all begins again.
Local services in Philipsburg include the Granite County Medical Center—a critical access hospital, convenient ATM locations, banking, laundromat, car wash, churches, & grocery store.
Carnahan’s Cozy Corner feels like a very private oasis just minutes from any activity on the “To Do” list of our guests—
- Sapphire mining in the only indoor mining rooms in the country & shopping for unique gifts including one-of-a-kind jewelry at The Sapphire Gallery, Gem Mountain, or Montana Gems
- Exploring the ghost towns of Granite County or visiting the Ghost Town Hall of Fame at the Granite County Museum,
- Indulging your Sweet Tooth at the World's Greatest Candy Store–The Sweet Palace,
- Taking in a live theatre performance at the historic Opera House Theatre,
- Touring the first & Official Montana Law Enforcement Museum,
- Relaxing over a fresh brewed cup of coffee at The Daily Grind or Bohéme Coffee Shop,
- Enjoying a fresh brew ...or two and live music every Saturday at the Philipsburg Brewing Company microbrewery,
- Fine dining at the Silver Mill Restaurant, relishing the "Best Barbecue in Montana" at UpNSmokin BBQ House, experiencing the best of gastropub cuisine at TommyKnockers, taking home a scrumptious pizza from Friday Night Pizza, enjoying burgers & ice cream from Doe Brothers Old-Fashioned Soda Fountain & Restaurant, or "Eat Where the Locals Eat" at Sunshine Station,
- Buying groceries from Huffman Grocery,
- Shopping for toys at Gizmo's Toy Store, pottery at Back Creek Pottery, antiques at Stuff & Such Antiques, unique gifts, home decor & clothing at Whimsy Boutique, Broadway Trading Company, & Grassroots Gifts,
- Picking up a prescription at Granite Pharmacy,
- Purchasing wine & the necessities at Snookies Mercantile,
- Ice skating on Zamboni-groomed ice at Winninghoff Park's ice rink, sledding, skiing & snowboarding at Discovery Ski Area or cross-country skiing & snowmobiling miles of groomed trails,
- Swimming, skiing, jet skiing, kite boarding & boating at Georgetown Lake,
- Mountain biking at Discovery Bike Park,
- Golfing at the Signature Jack Nicklaus Old Works Golf Course in Anaconda–just 30 minutes east of Philipsburg,
- Hunting the abundant wildlife that roams the streets & countryside,
...and so much more! We have it all right here in Philipsburg, Montana.